Thank you for selecting WSU Pullman for your upcoming field trip! To begin the registration process, please agree to the expectations outlined below and complete the online registration form.
The registration form will be sent as an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the form has been submitted, you will receive a TENTATIVE confirmation email with an attached campus visit agreement. You will need to read, initial, sign and return the agreement in order to finalize your group’s registration. You will then be sent a FINAL confirmation email stating your group’s official date reservation.
What you can expect from us:
- Creation of a custom, detailed itinerary filled with fun, interactive and educational activities.
- Prompt and professional communication.
- Detailed information and instructions accompanying the itinerary prior to your arrival on campus.
- Complete information packet upon arrival, complete with copies of the itinerary, color-coded maps marking your destinations and information about WSU Pullman.
- An in-person greeting upon your arrival at the Brelsford WSU Visitor Center for check in and an opportunity to go over your day one-on-one with a field trips staff member.
- Kind and helpful staff.
- NOTE: Field trips are one-day, self-guided campus visits with designated prearranged activities. It will be your responsibility to navigate between scheduled activities on your own. Take time to become familiar with WSU Pullman’s layout before your group’s field trip by reviewing the campus map.
What you can expect from your field trip:
- Fun, interactive and engaging academic activities led by dedicated WSU Pullman faculty, staff and students who love to share their disciplines.
- Opportunities to take photos, ask questions and explore campus.
- A glimpse into college life and what it’s like to be a Coug.
- Walking, hills and Cougar calves! Our campus is beautiful, but large and filled will hills. Field trips are walking-based group visits. Please come prepared!
Our expectation of you:
- Review the online availability calendar for the most current available dates.
- Submit your registration form at least four weeks prior to the date requested for your field trip to allow adequate time for scheduling. Please include day-of contact information (on-site group coordinator and cellphone numbers).
- Your group will not exceed 80 students and will maintain a 10:1 student to adult chaperone ratio. No exceptions.
- You are responsible for the care, custody and supervision of your group for the duration of your field trip. This includes ensuring sufficient oversight (meeting the required 10:1 ratio) and providing all transportation.
- Prompt and professional communication. Notify our staff of any changes to your schedule as early as possible so we can adjust accordingly. NOTE: We do not allow changes to itineraries after two weeks prior to your scheduled date.
- Arrive on time. If your group is more than 15 minutes late to the first scheduled activity or any subsequent activity, it will require us to shorten or cancel scheduled activities.
- Be respectful of presenters and campus facilities. Please remember faculty, staff and students participate in our program voluntarily and in addition to their regular duties on campus.
- Adhere to the terms outlined in the WSU Pullman K-8 Field Trips Campus Visit Agreement sent in the registration process. The WSU Pullman K-8 Field Trips Program is an unfunded, community service provided by the Brelsford WSU Visitor Center as part of WSU’s land-grant mission. We reserve the right to terminate our assistance with coordinating a field trip or decline future field trips if deemed necessary.
NOTE: Field trip itineraries are created based on requested preferences, presenter and classroom availability and with adequate travel time. Some activities have limited capacity and will require larger groups to be split into smaller groups to accommodate space restrictions.